Work for us
Bells Power Services has grown to be one of the UK’s most trusted names in generator servicing and parts.
We are known for our on-site service support and total commitment to our customers.
We are always looking for the best diesel generator engineers to join our team. If you believe you have what it takes to provide the very best in technical support and customer service, please get in touch.
Generator Commissioning Engineer Vacancy
Salary: £35-42K plus overtime
- Private healthcare.
Location: Must be located in London or the South East.
We are the leading FG Wilson distributor in the South East and have recently had a vacancy open up for a Generator Commissioning Engineer with experience with diesel generators. Working for a growing engineering company who specialise in the standby power industry. Having a good understanding of Diesel Generators including FG Wilson, MTU, ComAp and Deepsea controllers in single and multi-genset applications.
You would be ideally situated in London or the home counties and able to travel with a clean driving license as required to different offices and sites. Most projects are for new construction in London and the South East England. Your time will be spent between office and site based work. This changes depending on project life cycles and customer requirements.
The nature of the business is dynamic and you will not be in any place for long so a positive and flexible attitude to work is required.
· Highly knowledgeable of generator control panels used on diesel and gas engines.
· Experience of Woodward, ComAp and DeepSea controllers.
· Own strong fault finding and troubleshooting capabilities.
· Able to interpret wiring diagrams.
· Experience in generator commissioning.
· Willingness to work overtime.
· Relevant experience and or qualification relating to standby generator engineering.
· Good communicator and able to talk with customers.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
· You will be responsible for fault finding on generator control panels.
· Load bank testing and issuing report to customers.
· A responsible person and take pride in your work.
· Assist with the installation of generator systems, interfacing with secondary systems.
· Be able to provide assistance with fault finding and technical information.
· Develop a good understanding of generators and controllers attending training courses etc.